Our Spirit Health Club in Hemel Hempstead is open!
Covid-19 announcement: in line with the Government’s latest guidelines on Tier 4 areas, our Spirit Health Club is closed temporarily. As soon as we’re able to reopen we will update you – please keep an eye on your inbox and our club’s Facebook page for more information.
We are thrilled to announce that our Spirit Health Club at Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead is open again. Find out more about how we are keeping our visitors safe, happy and healthy here!
Check which facilities and services are running
Some of our facilities and services are closed or a running on a reduced timetable on a temporary basis. To find out which facilities you can use, how to book a session and what we need from you when you visit, please see our FAQs on using Spirit Health Club.
How we’re keeping you safe
Keeping you safe and happy is our priority, which is why our club has a range of Covid-19 health and safety measures including:
- Social distancing throughout the club, with helpful signage and markers to guide you around the club
- Installing hand and equipment sanitising stations
- Spacing out gym equipment, giving you plenty of room to hit your personal best!
- Cleaning more frequently and thoroughly – including before and after any equipment is used so you can enjoy your workout with peace of mind
- Protecting our staff with PPE and Perspex screens at reception
Our new booking system
To maintain safe social distancing around the club, we have temporarily reduced the number of people who can use the club at any one time, reduced session times to 45 minutes for the gym and 35 minutes for the swimming pool.
Our club’s convenient booking system now requires you to book your slot at our gym and our swimming pool by logging into your member area or by downloading our app. For more information on managing your bookings, please visit our Spirit Health Club FAQs.
Using our Spirit Health Club in Hemel Hempstead
You all make our club the amazing place it is, and we need your help to keep our community healthy, happy and safe.
When you’re using our club, please keep the following in mind:
- Please wear a face covering when entering the club, when you’re at reception and when you’re in the club’s public areas.
- Come into the Spirit Health Club through the club’s entrance (access through the hotel isn’t possible, just for now!).
- Arrive at the club dressed for your workout – our lockers, changing rooms and showers will be closed temporarily, but the sinks and toilets will be available. If you have mobility requirements and need extra space, please speak to our team.
- Scan your membership card at reception when you enter the club.
- Need to buy something from our club? Use contactless payment as a quick and easy way to buy your essentials.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after you’ve used the equipment.
- Give the gym equipment a clean before and after you’ve used it using the sanitiser from the sanitising stations within the club.
- Stick to the 15-minute time limit on each piece of equipment – this way, all of our members can enjoy the equipment.
- Avoid sharing equipment and when you’re using a new piece of equipment remember to give it a good clean.
- Bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated throughout your workout – our water fountains will temporarily be unavailable.
- Avoid bringing towels into the gym area.
Using our club’s swimming pool
Before you jump on in, there are a few things you’ll need to remember when using our pool:
- To protect other pool users, we’re asking all swimmers to take a quick shower before and after you use the swimming pool using the pool-side showers (don’t worry about bringing your own soap – we’ve got plenty ready for you to use in the shower area).
- To ensure we can safely minimise contact points in our club, please note that the showers, hairdryers and spin dryers won’t be available at this point in time.
- We’ve also introduced a one-way system for entering and leaving the swimming pool area.
Our other club facilities
For now, our beauty facilities, sauna and steam room will be closed – we’ll let you know as soon as this changes.
Our exercise classes aren’t running at the moment, and due to social distancing, personal training won’t be available just yet.
Our spa pool is, however, open – if you’d like to use it please speak to our team.
Family memberships at Spirit Health Club
Good news! You can bring your little ones to the swimming pool if you’ve got a family membership.
Please keep them supervised at all times, and you’ll all need to follow the Covid-19 health and safety processes we’ve put in place.
If you have any symptoms related to Covid-19 we’d be really grateful if you could please avoid coming to the club until you feel better – thanks for helping us to keep our club a healthy, safe and happy community.