Hemel Hempstead offers a wide variety of things to do and some remarkable attractions to visit!
- For a short drive out you can visit Hatfield House. Recognised as one of the most stunning houses in England, this amazing palace also offers restaurants, shops and much more.
- For an adventurous day out why not visit XC Extreme Sports? This is an action-packed attraction that is located just a few minutes from Holiday Inn and offers a variety of restaurants, a cinema and popular gym.
- And one attraction you should definitely not miss is The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, just 9 minutes away by road. This fantastic attraction brings in visitors from all over the world, so it pays to book your tickets in advance and, of course, stay at the Holiday Inn and use it as your base for exploring!
- For families, Hemel Hempstead has some of the best adventure playgrounds in the area with brilliant facilities for all ages. Check out Adeyfield with its giant wooden castle, Chaulden with its huge ship and Bennets End.
- For bike enthusiasts, cycle the seven-mile Nickey Line – a disused railway line between Hemel Hempstead and Harpenden. This popular route is a cyclist’s favourite.
- If you fancy a bit of history, then Berkhamsted’s historical castle couldn’t be easier to get to. Located right next to Berkhamsted Railway Station you can leave the car behind for the day if you want to. Download a map of the castle before you go and enjoy a picnic in the grounds.
- The Old Town Hall, located in the Old Town of Hemel Hempstead, with its Theatre, Gallery Bar and Cellar area, is a great place for arts and exhibitions plus comedy and music shows. It is a buzzing arts space full of entertainment for everyone. Pop in during the day and see their free art exhibitions. There’s always something work exploring.
Stay with us
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead is situated just off junction 8 of the M1 with easy access to London, making this an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding area and everything the capital has to offer. We have 150 modern & air-conditioned rooms, all of which include Wi-Fi Internet Access* & LCD TVs for the best in entertainment. All Holiday Inn guests can take advantage of our fully equipped Spirit Health Club, which includes an indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna, steam room & spa pool – perfect for relaxing after your busy day.
Whether you’re enjoying a romantic weekend break, a mini family holiday, a business meeting or a night out with friends, we offer affordable rooms in a great location!